Monday, December 22, 2008

Keeping warm in Branson; a nice get-away.


The picture on the blog tonight is another one that Gretta sent. I think it was probably taken when Gretta threw a surprise birthday party for Joe. He’s a great sport, so I think he took it really well and enjoyed the fact that some of his buddies from New York even came down to Kentucky for his party. You can look at this picture and then look back at the pictures of Elena and see who you think she favors. I think she’s a real mix of both of them. Sometimes I think she’s Gretta made over, but then I look at her again and she looks just like Joe. There’s no doubt she belongs to both of them.

I feel so blessed to be relaxing here in Branson. We look at the news and see people freezing in lots of places. We’ll miss the family over Christmas, but I’d hate to be worrying about them all trying to get somewhere in this weather. Some of them are traveling and we sure pray for their safety. It’s a good time to snuggle up at home or in Branson!

I’ve walked the halls of this resort today and didn’t have to get outside in the cold at all. I thank God for that! It’s great to have a place to get my exercises done. My arm does so much better when I get lots of exercises done. There is a Jacuzzi tub in our unit and I will enjoy that tonight. I have to be careful to not get it too hot, though. Lymphedema doesn’t like heat; that’s a challenge for me because I DO like the water hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment