Friday, December 26, 2008

A year ago today I had my last chemo treatment! Woo hoo!


The picture on the blog tonight is me doing my pulley exercises. It’s not very entertaining, but it sure helps my arm. I’m not crazy about any of the exercises I do, but I can sure tell the difference that they make, so it motivates me to do them without fail. I didn’t comb my hair before Don took this shot and the humidity here makes it really curly. I look in the mirror and it looks like Lucille Ball as Lucy Ricardo is looking back at me. I’m not crazy about this hair at this length, but I’m hoping to get through this stage and make it until it’s long enough to put into a ponytail or bun. I’d just like to have it out of my face and off my neck. I liked it better shorter, but I figure I should take this opportunity to have it be long since I don’t really know what to do with it. I’m really so grateful for hair and the curls are sure interesting.

It was funny: On Sunday we went to church where Max, the brother of a dear friend in Hobart goes to church. When we’re here we always sit right in front of Max and his wife, Melba. We’ve been here for weeks at a time, so we’re pretty good friends with Max and Melba. Max’s sister had told him that we’d be here last week, so he was looking for us. We got there before him and sat about 6 feet to the left of where we usually sit and he didn’t even recognize us. He said he was looking for us, but when we weren’t there he thought we weren’t going to be there until next week. He didn’t recognize my hair! I guess it really is a different look. It sure is for me!

Today Don has felt pretty good, again, thankfully! It was in the high 60’s today, so we walked over to the outlet mall and walked around for exercise. We also did a little shopping. La Moyne, I got my body creme at Bath and Body Works at a great sale and thought of you since you hooked me on it.

Our week in the condo is finished tomorrow, and we don’t check into the next one until Sunday, so we have to stay in a motel room here tomorrow night. So, we packed up everything we won’t need until Sunday today and loaded it into the car while it was warm. It’ll be nice to check into Westgate on Sunday; it was the first timeshare we bought and we really like it there. Tom and Linda Rose are coming to join us there on the 7th, so we’re looking forward to beginning the ‘tours’ with them. I graduated from high school with Tom and Linda and they joined us in Hawaii. We love ‘touring’ with them. Tom and Linda, if you can leave sooner, come on!

I thank God that Don has felt better for 2 days. I also thank God for this opportunity to take this getaway and have some friends and family join us.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats- 1 year and doing great, all the best! Sending healing energy and prayers your way for continued good health.
    Love, the Rossi's from Saratoga

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to hear from you Rossi's in Saratoga! Thank you for keeping up with us on the blog. You'll catch some cute pictures of the DeSantis clan here from time to time. Sometimes it might even be one YOU sent to me!

    Sometime we must all get together; that would be fun! Thanks for the healing energy and prayers; it sure helps to know there are lots of people out there who care enough to pray, and the healing energy is awesome because I do feel great!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete