Saturday, December 13, 2008

Oops! THIS is Randal's painting!

Oops! I thought that picture last night was Randal’s but this one has his name on it. I didn’t know anyone else did butterflies. Man! I’m going to have to go back to the retreat again and learn how to paint butterflies! See how much fun we had! I wonder whose picture that was that I thought was Randal’s on the blog last night? Some other precious person, no doubt! Man, we had fun and have great memories.

Today I’m exhausted, again. We got up early and met David and Dorothy at the Kozy Diner for breakfast. Then after we got home Dorothy called to say they were going to Altus to buy a new heater for their living room and did we want to go with them. We were thinking of getting a Slingbox, so we went with them. They left me off at Wal-Mart to check out the Slingbox while they went on and got their heater. Altus is the ‘big’ town around here, but they’d never heard of the Slingbox. The Slingbox is a ‘gadget’ we could attach to our router here at home and program our TV at home into our laptop as we travel. That sounded good to us, but the message came loud and clear that we aren’t supposed to do it. Wal-Mart is one of their retailers, so the fact that they didn’t even know about it told me that it’s out of our league. We’d better put those dollars onto the new laptop that we need, I think.

While we were in Altus we ate at the Western Sizzlin buffet, so we all came home stuffed. We sure enjoyed the day with David and Dorothy, though. We took the back roads and it was a beautiful day, so it was wonderful. We also stopped to see Don’s second cousin, who lives in Altus. She’s a long time friend of Dorothy’s, so it was a good visit.

We’re watching the Heisman Trophy awards and then falling into bed. I didn’t get to walk today, so I had to come home and do exercises to compensate here in our ‘gym.’ They aren’t so fun, but there was little time to walk today; I did walk after I learned that there was no Slingbox at Wal-Mart, but that wasn’t my hour. Anyway, I’m worn out and will go watch the rest of the Heisman show from the tub. Wow! I just saw they announced Sam Bradford from OU won the Heisman! A proud moment for us Okies.

I thank God for the opportunity to be exhausted from activity rather than ailment. I am so very blessed. This time last year I was exhausted, bald, and missing social times with people I love. This year is wonderful and I thank God for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment