Saturday, December 20, 2008

Big brothers are even cooler than horsies!



Today’s picture is Elena riding her horse with big brother Garrett overseeing her. He sure is a good big brother and she keeps him busy. She keeps whoever is with her busy! He tells me she’s better when someone is there because if nobody is there she gets into all his stuff. He is such a delight to her. I remember growing up with a big brother who was 8 years older than me and I thought he was just the n’th degree. I guess that’s how it is for Elena, only I really think Garrett pays a lot more attention to her than Jim ever did to me. I was just in awe of him. Probably Elena is in awe of Garrett, too.

Today has been a more relaxing day. We got up and ate breakfast at Denny’s since we had to get out and go to Wal-Mart, anyway. We needed just a few things from Wal-Mart so that we can be holed up here when it gets cold. We’ll go out for church tomorrow if it doesn’t snow, but we’ll stay in except for that. The halls here are very wide and long, so I can walk inside. I’m going to go do that when I finish this post.

We came home and I made the chili for this weekend. I cleaned the turkey breast and put some in the freezer for later. I enjoyed being able to stand and do such a thing, but it was tiring to stand there. I’m looking forward to my walk in the halls. It’s better than just standing!
I talked to Ruthie and we were recalling last year when we were here. I wasn’t really able to do much at all. This time is so different. It feels so good to feel good!
Thank you, God! Last year I couldn’t go to church, either because I couldn’t get exposed to germs. Man, I thank God for freedom and for feeling good!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,
    Thanks so much for fitting Ian's journal into your busy schedule. Sounds like you're ready to enjoy your winter in Branson. I wish I could be at the school in May when all the journals (hopefully!) return home. That would be really neat to see where they all went. Thanks again for all you do to uplift everyone you touch.
    Love,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dec.22nd
    Hello Jo, I see the comment Janie sent you. Bless her heart. She is just so Precious. We have talked a lot about the journal. She said it didn't have to go out of state but they just wanted it to go to as many places as possible. She said Trish would have sent a really interesting one and wish she had time do do it. Knowing she has a pretty full schedule taking care of the Family. I just enjoy so much your updates and the pictures. Now the last one of Trish and Elena, I thought before I read it that that had to be Elena's sister. She didn't look over a teen ager and a young one at that.
    It sure sounds like you all are settled in and keeping warm and well fed. What more could you ask. I like to cook food ahead of time. It sure comes in handy. Jane's husband, Tom is on his way here today. It takes a good 8 hours or more to drive from Hammond. So I am thinking what can we have for supper that Tom likes. Jane will have to decide that as she decides most every day what our next meal will be. She goes to town about every day and that is where she is now trying to finish things for the Holidays. Tim and Family will come maybe Friday. They like for Santa Clause to come to their house and that is fine.
    Keep having fun and stay feeling Great. GOD IS SO GOOD!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, I wish we could be at school when they read the journals, too. Imagine: there must be at least 20 journals to read! I think it would be so interesting! I think it's a great project for the kids.

    My very dear friend from West Virginia volunteered to take the journal from me. She's done a similar thing before when her granddaughter has a project like that. She's a retired teacher, so she'll do a great job.

    I sure hope I can be uplifting to people who touch my life. What a loss if we can't do that!

    Love you,

    Jo

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Dot, Janie is such a doll. She speaks to me about uplifting people and she does that very thing!

    Yes, Trish would have done a fun entry in the journal, but she felt like Oklahoma City was too close to Hobart to be very interesting for the kids. She should know, since she has 6 kids! I didn't even have the nerve to ask her, but she volunteered that she considered it, but decided against it.

    That's so funny that you said Trish looks like a young teenager! She DOES! I started to put on the blog that she is my 12 year old daughter and her daughter, Raynie! I always joke about her looking to be 12 years old. She does have the gift of youthful looks.

    I remember when I was graduating from college and my mom introduced me to someone telling her I was graduating this week. Her friend said, "You're going to love high school." I was pretty crushed, but Mom said, you'll be glad you look young when you are 60. Here I am 60 and have all this gray hair, but it's CURLY and I'm ALIVE! It's funny how life unfolds and I'm grateful for all fo it. It was hard when I was 20 and they thought I was 12. Bless Tricia's heart, I wonder if she's had time to appreciate how young she looks when she's so busy with 6kids, but I don't think looks matter to her and the kids do matter to her, so she has her priorities in order.

    We are settled in, warm and fed. You all enjoy Christmas!

    Love you much,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete