Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another day closer to Branson!

The picture tonight is more examples of the paintings we did at the retreat. Isn’t it wild how we perceived the directions differently or how differently we produced what was instructed? I think that is so wild. I mean, you tell someone something and you assume that they get it just like you said it. Duh. As if we were all on the same page. I think we have a lot to learn about communication, patience, and flexibility. I know I SURE DO! I learned so much from this painting exercise!

I am so DONE with all I’m doing for Christmas! Tomorrow we’ll get the last ones mailed. Then we’ll take Tricia’s family’s things to them on our way Thursday. Tonight I’m washing and finishing up my exercises, getting a bath and falling into bed. Whew.

I’m tired, but I feel so great! I thank Linda Rose so much for releasing me from the antihistamines! I love this being awake! It was freezing cold here, again, today, so I didn’t walk. That saved me some time to get the gifts ready to mail. I did everything else, though. Maybe I can walk tomorrow; I think it’s going to be warmer. I’m not bent out of shape over it, though. I’ll get plenty of exercise while we’re in Branson. There will be fitness rooms there, so I won’t have to freeze.

I learned today that a good friend who has been diagnosed with breast cancer is only going to have to have a lumpectomy and radiation; no chemo! What a blessing for her! I so thank God for this relief for her. I had my hats all packed to send to her, but she won’t need them. Woohoo for her!

I thank God to be able to be so busy and so tired. I love being tired because I DID a lot! This time last year was sure a different picture for us! I was counting down for my last chemo treatment and praying that my numbers would be good enough so I could do it. We were looking forward to going to Branson, but only for a week. I’m so ready to go for 8 weeks! Woohoo! Thank you, God!

2 comments:

  1. Jo,

    It is so good to read all the good things that are happening to you and your family. Have a safe and happy trip to Branson. Give Tricia's family big hugs and kisses from me.

    All of us have so much to be thankful for this year--every year but especially this year. You should have seen Kailan at Disney; she was like the energizer bunny--going, going....she was the roller coaster queen--even talked me into riding one! It was so fun.

    Merry Christmas to all and happy traveling.

    Love ya,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Donna! I can just see Kailan taking you to the roller coaster! What we'll do with these grandkids, huh! I'm so glad that she had such a wonderful time. God is so great!

    Thanks for your good wishes. You all have a wonderful Christmas, too.

    Yes, we've been humbled this year. Grateful is putting it so mildly. I give thanks every day for health and happiness. Both mean so much.

    Times in life change and it's rich to be able to experience it all. I thank God for giving us so much to learn and experience. Friends and family mean so much. Every day is a celebration!

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete