Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Looking for a volunteer!

This picture was taken at the retreat when we had the chuck wagon dinner. I climbed up into the wagon and Don is in the back on the right. We had such a wonderful time! This is all of the patients and caregivers and all the staff who was there with us. What great memories we have. I thank God for the wonderful staff who wrote the grant that made this possible and for their creative love that made this retreat so wonderful.

We are all packed and ready to leave in the morning! I have a few exercises to do and then a bath before I go to bed. It’s nice to be done.

Jane, who is the daughter of Dot, who posts from time to time on this blog asked me to do her a favor. A friend of hers has a grandson who is in the 6th grade and has a school project going. Each student sent out a journal asking those who receive it to write in the journal and then send it to someone else. I accepted the challenge and am writing for the journal tonight. I need to put my writing into the journal and add some postcards and information about Hobart and then pass it on to someone else. I’m looking for volunteers! Anyone out there who would like to add to this 6th grader’s journal and make your town known to this group of 6th graders in Indiana (or is it Illinois? I’ll have to check that!). It doesn’t take long to do and I think it’s a chance to touch some lives you might otherwise not touch. In May the journal is to go back to Ian’s school and the class will read all the journals. In the meantime each person sends a postcard from their town to Ian’s school and they find us on the map. I think it’s cool. If you’d like to be a part of this fun journal, please let me know. I’ll be glad to send it on to you. I need to send it to someone in the next couple of days so it can move right along. I picked it up right after Thanksgiving, so it’s time to move it. Someone please volunteer!

I thank God for Ian and his grandma, who is also a breast cancer survivor. 6th graders are so cool; we have two grandchildren who are 6th graders and 7 more who have been 6th graders before; they turn into 7th graders and keep on until they graduate like two of our grandkids are doing this year. We are blessed and I know that Ian is a blessing to his family, too. I want to add some sunshine to his life and I hope someone out there wants to help get this journal moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment