Sunday, December 21, 2008

Brrr; cold in Branson, but warm inside!


Tonight’s picture is one that Gretta sent since we’ve been here in Branson. I don’t know what the circumstances were, but I can just imagine Elena is thinking, "So, I’m looking for the cool thing here . . . the colorful circle is okay, but have you got some corduroy or something I can FEEL? In a minute I’m going to have to pull this clippie out of my hair; it’s just too bright in here." I could nearly never get a head on shot of her before she got her clippie pulled out of her hair or turned around so that I got the back of her head. I’ve got a million shots of the back and top of her head. Thanks to the digital people for the digital camera, so I can take all those shots until I get a good one. Thank you Gretta for sending me the ones you get!

Brrrr it’s cold outside. They said the wind chill factor is 1. YIKES! That’s why we’re INSIDE! We did go out to church this morning and it was good to see people we see here when we come every year. It’s been 3 years since we’ve seen them, so it was good fellowship for us. We didn’t go back out tonight, though. It’s just too cold to go drive in the dark and unfamiliar places. They’ve redone lots of roads here, so lots is new to us. We’ll stick to day driving until we’re more familiar with all the changes.

My preparations of the last couple of days paid off. We ate all our meals at ‘home’ today and it was good. The fridge and freezer are full, so we don’t have to go out until it gets warmer. We don’t have anyplace we need to go. I’m able to get all my exercises done here, including the walking.

I thank God for this opportunity for us to get away and have a place as good as home to be. It’s a good relief for us. Soon we have family and friends joining us, so we look forward to those days, too. God blesses us so richly. I continue to feel really good. Wow; what a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aunt Jo! We are wishing you and yours a wonderful and very Merry Christmas!! We miss you guys and look forward to our next visit! It pretty chilly here in Texas too. It went from 70 to 40 in less than a day -- gotta love the Texas weather!

    Love you lots!
    Heather

    PS...I created a blog a while back, and didn't keep up with it too well. It's my New Years resolution to do better. I have a few photos out there of Luke so far.
    http://heatheredmonds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Heather! Thanks for the Christmas wish. We've been thinking of you all and wonder if you got Luke out into the snow we heard you had or was that just a media thing?

    WHAT? A blog and I've been missing it??? I went there and looked and scoffed up the whole thing. I'll be keeping an eye on it and will enjoy when you get a chance to write. It'll help me to keep up with you all better.

    Love you and Merry Christmas!

    Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete