Friday, December 5, 2008

Gretta can straighten my curls.


Gretta really worked to get this hairdo out of my curls. She blew it dry and got it this straight. It felt so good, but I can never do that much twisting of the wrist to straighten all that curl. It was fun to wear, but it curled up a bit every day. She and I went shopping one day that it rained and that gave it a good boost of curl. HA! It’s fun to know that it can be straight, but it’s real to know that I can’t make it that way! When I washed my hair, I washed off my eye makeup, so the hairdo was on it’s own to make me look alive in my pjs.

Today I had the house in order so that the cleaning lady could come and clean. I keep thinking, ‘Surely I could do the cleaning,’ but, my back would kill me if I did the rest of it. It’s all I can do to get it all in order for her to do the rest. I still thank God that someone else can do it and I don’t have to do it all.

We’re going to the Rule’s house tonight to play cards. We haven’t played in what seems like forever, so it’ll sure be fun. I’ve got all my exercises done except for the jiggling and I’m going to go do that as soon as I post this blog. Then we’ll eat and be ready to go play. It’ll be bedtime when we come home.

I thank God for some ‘normal’ time. I love it when we travel, but home is sweet and our routine feels good, too. We’ll be in Branson long enough to have a routine, there, though. It feels like home away from home when we go there. We leave the 20th, so I’ve got a few things already packed for that trip. I’ve got to face Santa and work out some deal with him for gifts for everyone before we go. That’s a big job. I’ll get it done soon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh No, Jo, you are still beautiful with the straight hair, but I like the curls!!! I wonder who all will like the straight or the curls. I sure did enjoy the update and pictures of when you and Don were here. The one of the 4 of us on the couch was good of all except me and I looked like I had a deformed lip! Do I look like that all time! Jane said she was showing off a lot of leg. ha
    Thank you for coming to visit us and was great to see you at church. I hope Don got to feeling better when he got home. Homesickness can really make one sick. Now that your house is all clean, sit back and enjoy. Jane has been cleaning this week and decorating for Xmas. Makes me feel 'Merry.' She has all kinds of Musical animals and santa and I just love it!! Bless her heart, she just makes our lives so pleasant and happy.
    We Love You Both
    Dot, Frazier and Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Dot!

    Thanks for liking my curls. It was nice to have it sort of straight for a few hours, but I'll never have the skill or patience to keep it that way or even do it one more time! Gretta is really good. I might get one brush dried right, but I'd mess up everything around it in the doing! I'm just going to be so grateful for hair and curls and do my best to keep it manageable.

    Manageable is my biggest challenge with it right now. It wants to be very electric and fly everywhere. For years I've had short hair, so I'm really unfamiliar with what to do with this. I'm going to wash it tonight and wear it curly without rolling it if I can dry it to be reasonable. Even when I roll it, it bends around and goes where it wants in a day or so. When I was at your house it had gotten that much curl on it's own from when Gretta blew it dry. The least little moisture and it draws up in curls.

    Mostly I just give thanks for hair. I was so freezing this time last year! Hair is so nice and warm.

    Don is feeling better. We think he was taking some herbs out of 'order' so that they were making him feel weird. His aim was to get them down efficiently, but some he needed to be taking with food and he wasn't. That's all part of not being at home. He's much better, now. It took a few days to figure out what was happening, but we think we have it figured, now.

    It was so fun to surprise you with a visit. It was wonderful to meet Jane and Tom and the tour of your home was wonderful! I can just imagine it with all of Jane's Christmas touches. You are sure blessed to have her, but she is blessed to have you and Frazier, too. I know you cherish every moment with her.

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete