Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Yeah! We love haircuts and big brothers!


Tonight’s picture is Gabe holding Raynie as she claps in delight. What would we do without these babies? They delight us all. It seems like just yesterday when Gabe was Raynie’s size, and here he is 14! Time sure flies!

Today was way too cold to walk, so I did exercises in our ‘gym.’ It works, but it’s no fun at all. I like walking outside lots better, but it was cold AND windy. I had to wimp out, but I did plenty inside.

Tomorrow we’re going to Oklahoma City with David and Dorothy. David has a check up with his doctor to be sure his pacemaker is working like it’s supposed to work. As far as they know it’s fine, but they can’t take any chances with David. COPD is not the least bit simple or fun! He has a sleep test to complete tomorrow night at the hospital, here, so we’ll be back in time to check him into the hospital here. It’ll be a long day, but I’m so glad we’re here to go with them.

I got most of my taxes done today. I only have a few more details to do and I’m done. I’ll take my Christmas list with me tomorrow and work on it. Hopefully I’ll everything ready to mail this week. I’m not doing Christmas cards. I just can’t go there; it’s too big a project. I haven’t done them for the last two years, so I think I’m just done with Christmas cards. I’ll do my best to keep up with people through the year, but Christmas is too hectic a time to take on a major card project.

I thank God so much for the energy that I have and that I feel so good. I think back to this time last year, and it makes me so grateful for what I have. I got a quote today that said:

You can’t have a light without a dark to stick it in.

~Arlo Guthrie~

So, I thank God for the dark to help me appreciate the light, and I sure thank Him for the light. I thank Him for your dark and light, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment