Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Don't break into a 6 volt battery!


The picture is what I found when I stupidly opened up a 6 volt battery, believing there would be 32 AA batteries inside. DUH. I know to check everything at SNOPES, but I forgot this time. It’s a good lesson for me; don’t you fall for that battery thing! Don says the people who make 6 volt batteries sent it out; they also make AA batteries, so they win big on dummies like me.

Well, I fall for some dumb things, but I thank God that I find good things to read, too! A dear friend sent me a link to Weyman Tisdale‘s story about cancer today. I think it’s one of the best things I’ve read about attitude and cancer. I love basketball, so Wayman Tisdale is a hero because of basketball, but I sure love his attitude toward cancer and loss.

“You can never give up because quitting is not an option. No matter how dark it is or how weak you get, until you take that last breath, you must fight.” Wayman Tisdale

If you want to read his story and see a video about him, use the following link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?page=tisdale-081203



No comments:

Post a Comment