Monday, December 29, 2008

Off to the pool!


The picture on the blog tonight is me, right here in the condo. I’ve done all my exercises today and we walked all over the resort. That was tough because it’s hilly, but it was a beautiful day for it. This hairdo gets my hair off my face and my neck. It’s so funny how curly it gets in this humidity; rolling it only lasts for about a half hour and by then it’s all drawn up in tight curls again. (Well, all except the sides.) It’s some trip for someone who always had hair that fell flat and went straight when it got humid. But, what a wonderful trip for someone who was BALD this time last year! Woohoo! Last year I couldn’t dream of swimming. It’s so wonderful to be warm and alive! Thank you, God, for today!

We took a little walk last night and when we came back a big old possum ran under our car and then up on our porch! I wanted to tell you that I ran and got the broom and beat him to death so we could have possum gravy for breakfast, but he was really running! I would be kidding about the possum gravy, but I have been known to beat a possum to ‘death’ with a broom. Of course that possum was playing possum and was gone in the morning. Trish and Gretta probably remember how I used to get after the possums that would come and steal our cats’ food. I had flashbacks of those years (over 20 ago!) of those times when we saw that possum last night. That tells you how in the woods we are, but we can see the Branson strip from up on this hill.

This afternoon Don came in to tell me there was a heron out on the pond right outside our condo. I went out and took 13 pictures of him, but none of them were good enough for the blog. It was just at dusk and he just didn’t show up well enough to use. When we had those possums that swiped our cat’s food we lived on a creek in Oklahoma City. In those same years we had herons that came and fed in the creek and we’ve loved them since. A thing we love about Branson is the wildlife and especially bird life that we get to watch.

So, it’s been the perfect kind of day that we love. Don is enjoying football and I’m headed over to the indoor pool. Our unit is right across the street from the pool, so it’s handy.

2 comments:

  1. I love this pic with your hair up!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gina! I thought about replacing the little picture in the yellow shirt with it because I don't look like that one anymore. You seem to be my coach for that picture; I wondered last night when I posted this one if you'd think I should put it in the little picture. Ha!

    Is it quiet at your house or do you still have wall to wall people? It must be quiet since you had time to get on the computer.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete