Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thank you, God, for so many blessings.

Today’s picture is of our Thanksgiving Tree at the retreat. I loved that concept and modified it to my thanks box in my kitchen. It’s one of the wonderful things I brought from the retreat.

It was SO windy here today! I went out to walk and got about a block and came back! I was on my way to visit a friend in the hospital, but I came back and got the van! I still did some walking into the hospital and back to the van. That’s not much, but in this wind it was admirable, I think! I’m patting myself on the back with my good arm; ha!

I learned today of a fellow breast cancer survivor who was given a clean bill of health on November 8th (my last good report was on November 4th); less than 2 weeks later she went to the doctor with a fever and what they thought was pneumonia was the cancer again. It’s also in her liver. She is already back on chemo. So, that’s how it works. I pray for her strength to fight this as she did with the first round of chemo. God’s timing is the best; we have to believe that. I mention this so that you know this is part of the breast cancer experience. This ‘girl’ is my age and she was going through the whole ordeal about the same time as I was. She is from a little town near here, but she lives in Amarillo. I met her last fall at the Mexican restaurant when she was back visiting her family and before we were both homebound due to low blood counts. We were both very hopeful. God bless her. I will be writing notes to her, hoping to help her keep her spirits high and I will be keeping her in my prayers. Her name is Lana if you want to pray for her, too.

Again, I thank God for the strength He has given to me. I thank Him for Lana’s support of me as well as all of you. I ask Him to bless Lana, me, and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment