Thursday, December 4, 2008

Keep on celebrating, Garrett and Joe!

The picture on the blog tonight is Kyle (Gina’s oldest and he’s 11) and Garrett, (Gretta’s oldest and he turned 12 the day before yesterday). Garrett and Kyle are great buds and cousins. Gina and her family live barely into Indiana, across the river from Louisville, Kentucky. Gretta and her family used to live in Louisville, but they’ve moved to Lexington, Kentucky, so they are a couple of hours apart, now. It’s not too far; they can still get together plenty. When we arrived at Gina’s Gretta, Garrett and Elena surprised us by coming out for dinner and a visit. It was a great surprise!

Garrett shares his birthday with his step dad, Joe. Joe will be 30 something until he decides to be something else. 30 something is good; that way I don’t have to be so old, right? I hope he and Garrett are still celebrating.

It was cold today, but the wind was only 15mph versus yesterday’s 50mph, so I walked my whole hour in a wind chill that felt like 32. It was still cold, but I did it. I woke up several times last night with my arm hurting, so I was determined to do all the exercises today. My arm didn’t bother me any more than common today, so I hope tonight will be better. Maybe I just didn’t sleep as deep as usual, so I noticed it hurting and I usually sleep through it? I don’t know. All I can do is do all the exercises and wear the sleeve. It’s not any bigger than usual; I just felt it. I’m not complaining; I just want to report how it really is.

Besides that I’m really tired. Besides all the exercises I went through all the mail that came while we were gone. Don did his already, but my stack was haunting me. I put too much into the shreader and jammed it. UGH. Haste makes waste. How many times did Mom tell me that??? So I spent a couple of hours this morning taking the shreader all apart and putting it back together. Daddy would be pleased that I could do that. It works and I learned another lesson that I should have already known: don’t put too much into the shreader! At 60 you’d think I’d know these lessons, but I’m getting them real clear, now!

1. Always check SNOPES.
2. Don’t overload the shreader.

I thank God for letting me live to learn these lessons and I thank Him for His patience with me. I shouldn’t be so hard headed and need so many opportunities to learn, but God is so good to give me chance after chance. I thank Him for wonderful family and their patience with me, too.


1 comment: