Sunday, December 7, 2008

Artist? I don't think so, but it was fun.

The picture tonight is me holding my painting from the retreat. In case you’re wondering, it’s flowers. It was good for all of us to have that experience. One guy even learned to do butterflies and he really did beautiful ones! We didn’t get that far in my class. Ha!

Today was a beautiful day here. It was so warm that even Don walked with me this afternoon. After church Dorothy and David ate with us at the Mexican Restaurant. Jo Ann and Frank were at their daughter’s house visiting their grandson, Jacob who is home for Christmas. He is stationed in Germany after doing a year in Iraq and they were so thrilled that he could come home for Christmas. He’ll be here until the first week in January. We had a baby shower at church and then there was the tour of homes that a sorority in town does each year. It was a great day for all of that! It was 62 when we went to church tonight. The weather man is threatening us with snow for Tuesday, so this weather won’t last.

I’ve got 10 stalks on my rebloomers, though! I’m so excited to think I might have irises even in December! Woohoo! I think I’ll have to cut them before it freezes, again, but it’s already frozen, so maybe they don’t mind! I’m so pleased with them!

I thank God for flowers that will bloom even at this time of year! A lady in town was impressed with a project our ladies Bible class has done for new mothers in town, so she bought poinsettias for all the members of the class. I haven’t been active in our class for the last couple of years because of my cancer and treatments and I haven’t started back lately since we’ve been traveling so much. They had an extra poinsettia, though, so the preacher’s daughters came bringing one over to me tonight! I love poinsettias, so I’m delighted. I thank God for poinsettias and generous people who brighten my life with one, too. I’ve tried to keep them alive before, but I always manage to kill them. I sure enjoy them through the season. The poinsettia was one of my mom’s favorite flowers, so I’ll think of her as I enjoy this one. I thank God for a wonderful mother and treasured memories of her, too. I’m richly blessed.

2 comments:

  1. MaryJo,
    Mike the artist would be very proud of that picture, as I am. I think you did a beautiful job on it. Its off to one side..which is good..very nice work. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Dana, don't I know that you and Mike, the artist, really love me if you find joy in my painting. Off to one side; that's me and the story of my life! Maybe it's more fun? As I remember in decorating, it's INFORMAL, and that's for sure me! The only time I ever wore a long dress I fell down the stairs! Yep, informal is the way for me! We really had fun doing the paintings. It was so funny; she gave us all the same instructions and our pictures looked so different! It's amazing how we all perceive things differently! After we were done our seals were the same and we had the same colors and mats, but the pictures were sure different!

    Thanks, again, for looking at me through rose colored glasses! I love you!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete