Saturday, December 27, 2008

'Bridge day' between condo weeks.



The picture on the blog tonight is Don and Elena having a storybook time when we were there for Thanksgiving. He’s feeling good enough to be back to smiling like that. Probably he needs a grandbaby fix; don’t we all! Elena absolutely loves books. Her daddy says she’s so irresistible when she brings you a book and then turns around and back up to you so you can pick her up, and he’s so right! She loves turning through every single page. When she sees something that doesn’t look right, she FEELS of it; she’s so funny! Her aunt Tricia has made her a cloth book with something to feel on every page. I’d sure like to be there the day it gets there. I know Elena will love it. Notice the shiny silver streak on the back of the sofa behind Elena? That's the remote out of her reach. It's always hidden from her or out of her reach, so 'find the remote' is a common game at their house. If she finds it, she'll turn it into someone and say, "Hi," with a big blue eyed smile. Precious memories!

Today we moved out of the condo into the motel part of this resort. They give us some free rooms when we pay our maintenance fees on time, so it’s handy to have them to use when we need a ‘bridge’ between condo stays. Our other one doesn’t start until tomorrow, so we’re hanging out here for this one last night. It’s a letdown after the condo to come into just a motel room. The game Don wanted to watch on TV isn’t on the TV in this room, so he’s out in the common area watching it. I’m going to bed early. Oh! Maybe not; I just saw them say The Notebook is on next. I might have to watch that. It wasn’t nearly as good as the book, but it was good. I get so sleepy watching TV, though. I really never learned to sit still. I have a little sign at home that says: "When I works, I works hard. When I plays, I plays hard. When I sits I falls asleep." That is so me!

I sure thank Linda for telling me the neti pot would help me with allergies, so I’m not going around in a sleepy stupor from anti-histamines! I sure thank God for good friends and family who care enough to keep up with us and offer suggestions. We are so very blessed. Linda and Tom will be here in a little over a week, so we can hardly wait to see them. God so richly blesses us; thank you, God!

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I found Gayla's book! I have another crazy book in progress, too. I'll put pics on my blog soon, I hope. I'll hang on to Gayla's till you find her.

    - me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zac and Catherine love the nedi pot too. He swears by it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish! Good for you! Now, I've got to get busy and find Gayla! She'll be thrilled to have her book back. It's really sad compared to the ones you make; see what a great Mom you are? Remember when Gabe said you could make anything! He's so proud and rightfully so! Me, too!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, this has got to be you; I recognize Zac and Catherine. I think we have a good neti pot club going. No kidding; it has sure made life better for me. It's not like I love the process of using it, but it is so worth it!

    It was wonderful when I was on chemo because it cleared the sores in my nose that lots of people get in their mouth. I just never thought about using it for allergies until my friend suggested it. Wow! It's been as much of a life saver as it was for my sore nose!

    Hooray for Zac and Catherine; it's great to know I've got good company. It's like when I was bald; I felt better to know wonderful people like Joe were bald before me and with me!

    Thanks for sharing. I'll think of them as I go through the neti ritual morning and night.

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete