Friday, April 3, 2009

Card night!



I got pictures tonight when we were playing cards, but I can't remember how to get them onto this new computer. UGH! I'm starting up the old laptop to download them to it; then I can mail them over to this computer. I'll get it done, one way or another. Okay, the old laptop wouldn't take them, so I finally figured it out; I hope I can remember it for next time! This picture is David and Dorothy and Don tonight at the card table. David has always worn suspenders, but since he had the pacemaker put in a couple of years ago he can only wear one suspender; in case you think he's making a fashion statement, that's the explanation.


It was windy today, but warmer, so we walked. It was so fun to play cards tonight with David and Dorothy able to join us! Jo Ann and Frank played and Jerry and Liunda McCannon, another couple from church. We bought the treadmill from Linda and Jerry.



I washed my hair today and let it air dry, thinking it was a trial run for Hawaii. YIKES! I've got to come up with a better plan, or I KNOW I will cut it. I think it looks terrible like this. I'm not even letting Don take a picture of it, and I'm sure not putting it on the blog. Well, maybe I will, but I don't think so. Okay, he just took the pictures, but I doubt if you'll ever see them. I thought it would be good to have a record, so that if I ever wonder why I cut it, I can always look back at those pictures. It was a real break through for me to have company come over with my hair like this! Okay, now that I got the pictures downloaded it doesn't look as bad as I thought. It's not me, though. I'll probably post it tomorrow night. I've tried to be as honest as possible without totally losing face through all this. Speaking of face, you can see in the picture I post tomorrow night that we're getting sun. These curls still amaze me.



I thank God for options! My hair could have not grown back and I'd still be bald and freezing. It could be lots worse even than that. The cancer could have come back and I'd be in chemo and losing my hair, again. Actually, I could be dead; I know several women who went through breast cancer at the same time I did, who haven't lived this long and several who have suffered a lot. I know that I am so blessed and thank God every day for life and rich blessings. Thank you for caring and going all the way along this journey with me.

4 comments:

  1. Can't think of a better place to be than on this journey with you! Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your hair, c'mon, let us see

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda! You are so precious! I got your email about your reservations and that's perfect! I'll answer tomorrow, but I read it and it made me smile really big.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, you silly thing! I'm glad you want to see it because I feel so silly putting it on here. I feel like I need to do it so that people will see what can happen after chemo. It's a good thing, it's just not my comfort zone. I'm more comfortable with short hair that doesn't need pins or clips or spray. With this long hair, I lapse back into teasing and pinning and hairspraying like we did in the 60's. This stuff all in my face and on my neck is crazy for me. Maybe I'll be able to handle it when it's long enough to keep off my face and neck without hairspray and a bunch of pins. I think it's not supposed to be such a big issue with me, so I'm working to relax about it. I was named Josephine after my grandmother who had way long hair that she kept in a bun. I used to love to watch her comb it and I guess I dream of being that grammy; man, do I have a ways to go!

    Thanks for keeping up with me and caring about my silly hair issues. I love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete