Sunday, April 26, 2009

Storms around us, but we're okay.

The picture tonight is Sweetie Pie (Elena) and Garrett with their cat, Butters, in between them. This is a picture Gretta sent not too long ago, and I’ve had it in waiting for such a time as tonight. I don’t have new pictures, plus I have to post the blog quickly and get offline before it storms, again. Elena is 2; Garrett is 12.

We had storms all around us when we left for church. We came home from church and found two of our friends in the basement playing cards, hiding out from the storms. Before long, Dorothy called to say they were on their way to our basement as their scanner had said there was a tornado headed straight for Hobart. So, Dorothy and Hazel, and Joan and I sat down in the basement and played hand and foot canasta while David and Don stayed upstairs and watched the storms on the TV and from the deck. We got almost and inch and a half of rain, and lots of thunder and lightning, but no tornado. Praise God!

I’m sure my irises are doing cheers over the rain and my magnolia is grateful, too. I’m grateful, too, and so grateful to still have a home. It was fun playing cards in the basement!

I’d better get offline before the lightning returns. We are under a tornado watch until 3 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment