Thursday, April 2, 2009

A treadmill.


Tonight’s picture on the blog is another shot Steve got of the yellow rumped warbler. I find this big yellow spot so breathtaking. Our God has such a great eye for design, doesn’t He? And I’m so grateful for Steve who can get such good shots and will share them with me. It’s really fun to go scouting around with Steve and Mary because they don’t miss a thing. They are joining us in Hawaii for 10 days. Tom and Linda are joining us for 2 weeks. I thank God for friends like these, as well as Bob Dwyer who make this trip possible for all of us.

Today was another day of brutal winds around here. I was threadbare with it. Even if we weren’t outside doing our best to stand up, it was tiresome inside hearing the constant whir of it blowing. When the radio show, “Dial an Ad” came on with a treadmill for sale I was ripe for it. Don said, “We should get that,” and I said, “Let me call them right now.” I finally got them right about dinner time and we went over and bought it. It turns out it was a couple who go to church with us, so it felt good to be buying it from them. In fact they’re coming to play cards with us tomorrow night. They delivered it because it wouldn’t fit in our van, and I’ve got it cleaned up and ready to go. It’s a huge piece of clutter in our bedroom, but I can learn to love it. It’ll save me from rainy days, bitter cold, brutal winds and horrible heat in the summer. I won’t have to get up at 5 to walk, anymore. Woo-hoo!

David and Dorothy met us for breakfast this morning at the Kozy Diner! That’s how much better he is! They’re coming to play cards tomorrow night, too. That’s such a good thing for him to be doing this well. I really hope I don’t forget to get pictures tomorrow night! I so thank God for giving David this strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment