Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It was a nice day but I was cold.



The picture on the blog tonight is one I took the last night we were in Branson, eating at Mel's Hard Luck Diner. It's a pretty cool place. Dinner is good, plus the waiters and waitresses SING! They are really very talented. Two of the guys who were singing and waiting on us were finalists in the American Idol program. I got a picture of this lady who was singing behind the kids. We were sitting at one table with the adults, and Kyle, Ethan, and Elise were sitting at the table right behind Gina. They were all kind of embarassed because the lady was singing right by them. She came over to our table and got Gina's father-in-law to sing WITH her; I think the kids were afraid she'd expect them to sing with her, so they had their heads down. Dorrel is such a sport!


Today was a beautiful day, but it started out in the 20's. We went out for breakfast and it ruined me for the day. I never got warm until I took my bath tonight. I didn't even go out to walk; I walked on the treadmill. Don worked out in the yard pulling weeds all day; he insisted it was warm, and I insisted I was freezing. Since I was cold, anyway, I bundled up and went down to the basement to sew. I altered 3 tops that were waiting for me. Everything is too long for me, so I had to cut them all off. One was too low cut and I had to altar that. I thank God for my sewing machine and for 6 years of patient home ec teachers, so I can do this stuff. I thank God for the basement to use when it storms, and to keep my sewing machine out where it's handy to use.

I'm all ready for bed, but I'm headed to use the jiggler before I go to bed. It's another blessing; it keeps my back in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment