Sunday, April 5, 2009

Way late Saturday night.




To the people on dial up I apologize for 2 pictures. You have to see both pictures at the same time, though, because the back is the best, but it means nothing without the front. Don took them both last night after I washed my hair and just wore with a couple of combs holding it out of my eyes. I have to put these on right now, while I'm brave enough or I might just delete them.


I rolled my hair this morning and then we went to Chickasha today to watch Bruce's team play baseball tonight. The wind was brutal, again, so my hair is really a wreck, again. I sure wonder if I can keep this hair long, especially in the Hawaii wind. We'll see. I may end up looking like the pictures tonight a lot. At least you can see the 'sunshine' on my face last night. I'm liking some color back on my face.


We just got home and it's nearly 1 a.m. I'll have to make the title be Saturday night, late, because the blog will put that I posted it on Sunday. It's still Saturday night to me. Anyway, it's late. Don went straight to bed, but I've got to take a bath. I've got to get this baseball field off of me!

We got to see Bruce play, but Erica didn't come. She had things at home to do. This is a really busy time for her. She's a senior this year, so she has lots to do with her friends before she graduates and they all leave for college. Wow; it's hard to believe we have two granddaughters graduating from high school this year. Janelle, in Vegas is getting ready to graduate, too. I thank God for 18 precious years with them and all the others who have followed them. Grandchildren have been such rich blessings for us.


You may be wondering if the boys won. They didn't. They played two games and got beat both games. We always love to watch them, even when they lose. We feel like it's good life training for them, because in life we don't always win. Even when the umpires make bad calls, it's good training for life because someone in charge often doesn't do it right. We have to learn to cope with all of that kind of thing. The baseball environment is a pretty good one for learning, I think. The best thing about it is they always know that they have us fans supporting them. I hope they know that we'll always support them in all of life, too.

8 comments:

  1. Your hair makes you look so young!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I guess that means I'll be wearing it like this a lot. HA! I'd love to look so young, but I don't think I can stand it. Thanks for finding something sweet to say, you sweatheart, you!

    Love,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I LOVE that hair!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Trish! What a sweetie you are. I love the hair, too; just not on me. It looks and feels like someone else to me. You are so sweet to love it.

    I wonder if you know how much I'm using and loving the buddies you gave me last year? They are so wonderful.

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know why you are upset with your hair like that.... it's cute! :)
    g.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Gina, you're so sweet to encourage me. I like the hair; it just doesn't feel like me. Maybe I'll get used to it.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, me again, and I just have to comment on your hair. It is beautiful, but like you said, it is just not you, but one can always change! You look like a 'teenager' with all the curls!! Soon you can put it in a twist if it bothers you long. Thanks for keeping us posted.
    Love You
    Dot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dot, I'm so glad to get your remarks. I think you're on the same page with me about my hair. I can get it into a twist and that gets it up off my neck, but the sides and top still need pins and hairspray to keep them in place. It's a good thing to get me through this in-between-stage, but I'll be so glad when it's long enough that it will all fit into a band. Patience is a thing I find challenging. I'm so grateful that this is my only problem these days! God blesses us so!

    I found how to get email notification when someone makes a comment and I could also make a list of people to notify. I put you
    on the list because you follow the blog so closely, so you won't miss any comments, either. I hope that's okay.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete