Monday, April 27, 2009

Little miss pen in each hand.


This picture is of Raynie, little miss pen in each hand. She, like all of Tricia’s kids, is quite the artist. She loves to write and draw. They all amaze me and she follows suit with all the others. This was taken when we were there to witness Sadie getting her award for winning the essay contest 9 days ago.


Today we had a funeral at church for a young man in our congregation who had been fighting lung cancer for 4 years. He was only 44 and left a wife and daughter. Needless to say the building was packed. The ladies of the congregation served his family, about 75 people. I helped to serve, and it was such an honor to be able to do it. I have never been around a more appreciative and loving bunch of people. It was an inspiration. It took 3 ½ hours on my feet, though, so I got my ‘weight bearing’ exercise in today! I am totally exhausted, too. I thank God for the experience to interact with such a wonderful family. I know He will bless them.


I’ve had my bath and I’m ready for bed as soon as Dancing with the Stars is done. I love that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment