Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Midnight Caller, the rebloomer.

The picture today is me holding my first Midnight Caller of the year. I love this iris! I don’t think it’s my favorite; I’m not sure which one that would be. I know that this one thrills me every year when it blooms, but they all do. I thank God for them.

I finished throwing the herbs and vitamins today. I’ve got them all packaged and in boxes. I still have to count out the days, and counting is treacherous for me, but I’ll get it done before I go to bed tonight. It feels good to be done with it! Woo-hoo!

Man, it was gorgeous here, again, today! We walked this morning before lunch. It’s going to get windy in the next day or two, so it was so nice to have a couple of perfect days.

You may have noticed that I haven’t been wearing my compression sleeve for lymphedema. The reason is that I’ve had bug bites on my arm that are driving me crazy itching. (I haven’t seen or heard mosquitoes, but they feel like mosquito bites.) There is no way I could wear the sleeve. I find that my arm isn’t doing any worse without it, so I’m not going to wear it except when we fly or at times when it seems to be swelling worse. My arm is less swollen than it has been in months, so I don’t know if not wearing the sleeve is helping or just the exercises that I do. Anyway, I’m pleased that it’s doing better and it is really a relief not to be wearing the sleeve! I thank God that I’m able to manage the lymphedema; it could be a monster and I’ll keep a close eye on it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying my iris too Maryjo...that is my favorite flower of all. My friend from S.Carolina sent me one of her burgundy plants..and it bloomed this year. Your midnight is just beautifull dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Dana, I'm so glad you enjoy irises, too! I should have known you would. Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete