Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hawaii tickets are set.




The picture on the blog tonight is not the one I hoped to take last night. It's one taken on the playground when I was out there with Raynie and Grace back during the first week of spring break. This was a good hair day considering my hair is too long and the wind was blowing. If I make it through the Hawaii winds and waves with this hair, it'll be amazing. I think I'll take my scissors just in case. Every time I think I'll let my hair grow, we go to Hawaii and I say to myself, "WHY?" Then I cut it. I'm SO tempted to cut it even here. I just think if I can get it to be long enough to really corale with a clip or a band, then I might enjoy it. I don't really think so, though. I think it would be nice to let it grow long enough to donate to Locks of Love or whatever that is, but I just might throw in the towel. We'll just see. God has been so kind and generous to give me life and even hair and curls! I hesitate to cut it off, but I don't think He wants me to look and feel goofy. I think he wants me to have options and then use my good sense with it. He surely doesn't expect me to let my hair grow forever, so I have to figure out how I can be my best and then use the tools He gives me accordingly. I don't think hair is that big a deal to Him; my heart is what interests Him. He gives me hair to help me have confidence, not to hinder my every move and consume my mind; that's what I think, so it's so tempting to cut it. The real me likes way low maintenance hair that doesn't end up in our meals, etc.

How silly of me to think last night that my face would still be pink for Don to get a picture today. Duh. Of course the pink soaked right into my skin. Pretty quickly it will tan and that's good. We'll get pictures along the way and you'll see them, but I thought this picture would work for tonight's blog since I haven't put me on in a long time. I always wear my hair some kind of up these days. I don't like hair spray, pins and all that stuff, but hair all in my face and on my neck drives me crazy, too. As Don says, I don't have far to go.


I got our tickets for the Hawaii trip last night. My next big project will be getting herbs thrown for from now until we come back from Hawaii. Also I need to get a bunch of stuff ready for a garage sale the first weekend in May (Hobart is having a town wide garage sale and I have so much stuff that should leave this house!)

No comments:

Post a Comment