Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Jiggler 'lives!'


The picture tonight is my sweet great nephew, Blake. Blake turned 2 in January. (He has 2 BIG brothers, 15 and 10 {?} and he acts just like them, only smaller! He's skipping 'terrible twos;' he's pure delight.) This picture, his mommy, Deanna, took the other day when they were at a picnic and saying a prayer; Deanna couldn’t resist snapping this shot. I think it is so precious, and we thank God for Blake lighting up our lives, and, thank you, Deanna!


I looked a bit like this today. I wanted Don to get a picture, but I can’t find the camera. UGH! I’ll find it, but I didn’t find it in time for him to get a picture of me repairing my jiggler. You’ve read of me, and some of you have seen me. using my jiggler; you know that it’s a thing use to keep my back ‘in order.’ Saturday night I jiggled and then the timer on it QUIT! It would still run without the timer, but I had to hold it in the on position and it hurt my fingers too much to hold it for 15 minutes. I opened it, hoping I could figure out how to bypass the timer. (Eyes rolling.) Of course, I couldn’t, so I called the company and they sent me a new timer and switch. It arrived today and I was sitting in the floor taking apart the jiggler and reassembling it. That had to be a sight. I must have surely looked like I was in this prayer position as Blake was; I could not have done it without God’s help.


I don’t know what gives me the confidence to cut hair, unless it’s God. Somehow I had the same confidence about fixing my jiggler. I knew I had to have it, so I did it. I was sitting there reading the instructions, though, and it said to join the red wires and the black wires, etc. I said to Don, “I’m going to have to peel back this colored part to get to the wires, right? Then I twist them together?” I thought to myself, “What were you thinking?” I knew I was thinking I had to have that jiggler working! Anyway, with Don’s coaching and God’s nudging, I got it fixed right before church. I’m headed to jiggle right NOW! Thank you, God!


If you’re curious about the jiggler, you can read more at the following link. Those folks in the picture coached me along through the repairs, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment