Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Whew!


This is a picture Don recently took; I pretty much look like this every day, now. I always wear my hair up. So the hair is working and I’m not fretting with it anymore. I was looking for curlers to take to Hawaii, but the last time I washed it, I didn’t roll it, so rollers are pretty much history. I still have to use pins and hair spray, but I think I’ll make it until it’s long enough to do without them. This is how I look these days; I’m afraid a lot hangs loose, but that’s pretty much in style so I just act like I meant for it to be that way.

We have a friend who is at MD Anderson having treatments and he thought he might be there long enough that he’d need us to house-sit for him in Hawaii while we’re there. So, we’ve been getting ready and standing by in case he needed us to go early. We got the word yesterday that he thinks he’ll be able to go home in a few days so he won’t need us. We were excited at the potential for another house-sitting opportunity, but we are even more excited for him that he and his wife get to go home right away. It’s wonderful to have a place to get great treatments, but it is always so wonderful to go home. Praise God for this friend, Bob Duffer and his wife, June.

Since it looks like we’ll be home until we leave to house-sit for Bob Dwyer we’re getting into some projects around here. There is a town wide garage sale this Saturday, so a lot of ‘stuff’ is leaving this house! Today Don and I worked in the garage getting things organized out there for our sale. I brought down a bunch of stuff from the attic that wants to leave, too. In another couple of yard sales I’ll get the attic clean! HA! It was a cool day, so it was a great day to do these jobs. I also made a pot of beans and a pot of chili. I thought surely we were done with chili for the year, but I was wrong. When the weather is chilly, I pull out the chili powder and whip up a batch. We were out of chicken in the freezer, so I cooked a batch of chicken, too. It makes it handy to have these things made ahead and in the freezer, so I feel good to have it done.


We even went out to David and Dorothy’s to play canasta tonight! The guys were ruthless; they beat us all three games. We’ll get even. HA!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two 'comments' was someone selling shoes. That's not the purpose of this blog, so I deleted them. Eyes rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duh; comments WERE, not was. Good grief!

    ReplyDelete