Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fires in Oklahoma!



This is me on the treadmill. Man, am I happy to have that big ugly thing in my bedroom! The wind here has been absolutely brutal, today. I was so happy to be able to walk in the security of my bedroom!


I went to a funeral this morning, and by the time the funeral was over the wind had picked up to be almost unbearable. There are fires all over the state. We've been short on rain, so it's dry. If some spark flies then this wind takes it and it turns into tragedy. There is a state of emergency in the state right now. We don't have any fires in our county, yet. There is nothing on TV here except for news about the fires. We thank God that there are no fires here.


Don and I did lay out in the yard today to get some sun, and it was like we were being sand blasted with the dirt blowing past us. I could hardly keep my shoes in the yard. We believe in Vitamin D, but Don said, "Anyplace else, they'd call this a hurricane." We didn't have any rain, but the wind is absolutely brutal.


I've got to throw herbs tonight. We're down to one last day that I've thrown for us. I have to throw them for the next 4 months to get us through our Hawaii trip. That's a bunch, so here I go! Thanks for keeping up with us.

2 comments:

  1. That Don! "Anywhere else this would be called a hurricane!!" He is so funny! See you soon, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, he is such a hoot! He keeps me laughing. They say that laughing adds length to your life, so chances are I'll live to be old thanks to his cracking me up!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete