Friday, April 17, 2009

Throwing my herbs.


The picture tonight is me throwing herbs and vitamins. I did Don's last week and I'm doing mine today. When I get these done I'll have 100 days done. Then I'll need to do about 40 more days for both of us to get us home from Hawaii and then through a trip to Houston for my check up before I have to throw them again. What a job! Sometimes I get so confused, so it's really a challenge for me.

Tomorrow is going to be a treat. We're going to Oklahoma City for a banquet honoring our granddaughter, Sadie. She won a state essay contest about drug awareness. I'll ask her tomorrow if I can post it on the blog. It's very good and we're so proud of her and pleased that she is being recognized. I hope to get pictures of her tomorrow and I'll put one on the blog tomorrow night when we get home. We'll leave early in the morning so we can go by their house and see all the other kids before the banquet.

Grace's birthday is the 26th of this month, so we'll be celebrating her birthday tomorrow, too. Woo-hoo! It's a fun day for us! (She'll be SIX!)

I thank God for granddaughters! We have 8 and we are so proud of every single one of them. I ache for people who don't have any granddaughters!

4 comments:

  1. don't you have trouble getting past security on the plane with all these drugs? Just wondering..lol (and I'm serious) dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You joke, but I have shook in my 'boots' a few times! You should have seen me coming back into the states from Tijuana! I had a couple months supply to take to Hawaii with me, as we were on our way to house-sit for Bob then, too! I guess my 'stash' looks as innocent as it is because they took a look and then kept going and let me keep going. Whew!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, aren't you a "classy lady"!!! I love your hair.....reminds me of Sara Miller Bardwell, and she's a classy lady too!! Don't worry, we'll come see you in the cross bar hotel when they find you sith all those drugs. Say S-E-C-U-R-I-T-Y.....!!! Just kidding about the drugs, but do love the hair!

    Love U!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! So glad you can like my hair, as Garret would say. I remind myself of Aunt Dibbie when I wear it like that. That's fine with me, too. It's getting long enough to manage a little better. I hope it can survive Hawaii wind and wet!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete