Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ruthie looking for answers.



The picture on the blog tonight is Sadie with her Daddy, Rob, at the banquet in her honor yesterday. I was so proud of both of them. Rob is a great Dad and he was so proud of Sadie. I keep recalling yesterday and everything was so good about it.

Today has been brutally windy, again. However, it has eased up, now, so I'm going to run outside and cut some of the first irises of the year. Maybe I'll get a picture of them on the blog, soon.

We had a fellowship dinner after church and after that I came home and took a nice long nap this afternoon. I must have needed to catch up from that big day yesterday. David and Dorothy were able to make church and the dinner this morning and then church again tonight; praise God for them doing so well.

Tomorrow we will go with Jo Ann and Frank to her appointment with her doctor in Lawton, so it's another big day for us. We'll leave here at 8 in the morning; Don wants to go to the Kozy Diner for breakfast, so we'll start the day early.

I thank God for precious friends and family. How blessed we are. I talked to my sister, Ruthie, today, and she is in the hospital in Paris, Tennessee. She has some mysterious things happening and they are running a bunch of tests in hopes of finding some answers for her. I sure hope they can find something quickly so that she can go home and feel better; we all need the comfort of home!

2 comments:

  1. I sure am enjoying your updates and comments via e-mail. Leave your hair long and in a short time you will be so proud of it. I, too, am wanting some answers for Ruthie. Sure will be glad to hear something for her. Glad she is where they can maybe find out. I am so happy Dorothy and David are doing good. How proud all of you have a right to be. Sadie's essay was just great and such good advice. She deserved all the praise she received.
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot, Frazier and Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dot, for all your encouraging words. I especially need the encouragement about my hair. I doubt if I'll ever be proud of it, but maybe I can be pleased with it. It's getting better as it gets longer and easier to control with a band and fewer pins and clips.

    Thanks so much for sending another sweet note to Dorothy and David, too! They love to hear from you!

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete