Thursday, January 14, 2010

Doing the happy dance!


This picture is one I took of the two of us one day when we walked down to Harry's favorite place. It's close to his house and such a lovely place. There is a 'signature tree' there and we put our names on a leaf. (That's the custom; it may be an 'autograph tree;' you know I get those details confused, but I know you're supposed to put your names on the leaves.) I reached the camera out as far as I could to get a picture of both of us, so this is the best I could do. I noticed later that it was a no mascara or eye brows day. I put this on FaceBook and a friend wrote and asked if we were at the nude beach! Ha! Don had his shirt off, but, otherwise, we were fully dressed.

I put this picture on because it shows us both looking so happy, as we are every day. However, today I'm doing the happy dance because we got our second week in Maui this morning! I was beginning to think I was going to have to find us somewhere to stay, but they came through with a confirmation this morning. Woo hoo! That is a big relief. Also, yesterday I was able to get our time confirmed for our spring break in Branson, so we've got our travels all set and that feels good.

Today we went whale watching, and came up with a big zero. It wasn't a good day for whale watching because the water was really choppy, so there may have been whales out there and we couldn't tell them from the waves. It still felt good to be sitting there in God's sunshine eating His tangerines and admiring the blues. There was no way to ruin my day after I already had our week in Maui and our week in Branson confirmed! It would take some kind of idiot to be sitting on the beach in Hawaii and complain! We'll see whales, again, soon and thank God for them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow MaryJo! It looks like you two are having a great time! So much to see and do. I love that you find all of the meaningful things to explore, how great! It's really is a pleasure to get to see all the things you post. I can see where you signed the leaf with yours and Don's names. How cute is that! Your looking great lady! I'm going to go look you up on Facebook. Soak up a little sun for me too will ya?! Have a great weekend!
    Love,
    Wendy's Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Wendy's Becky! It's so great to hear from you and to be friends on FB! Thanks for finding me there.

    We're having a wonderful time. We're so blessed to be here and be able to soak up lots of sun. That Vitamin D is so essential to bone health, as well as so many other aspects of health and it's hard to get at home at this time of year! We love doing the non-tourist sort of things and we're blessed to have friends here who tell us all the right places to go.

    Usually we get lots of sun at home, but this time of year is tough, so it's great that we can come here in the winter. God is so good to us.

    You look great in your pictures on FB, too. We're both so blessed to be alive, aren't we!

    Love you,

    Wendy's Jo

    ReplyDelete