Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Moving on.


This picture is one we took last July when we were here with Harry. We went here today, but I didn't take the camera because I wanted to get into the water and I didn't want to get it wet or leave it up on the side. This pool is so wonderful. It's at the side of the ocean; during high tide the waves from the ocean splash into this pool. But it's actually a huge tide pool(you're seeing about 2/3 of it) that is heated by the volcano. It was warm like a warm bath; not quite as hot at a hot tub, but very warm. I loved it! We went this morning before my day got really busy. We could look down and see fish swimming all around us; they weren't awesome fish, just gray ones, about 4 inches long. It was pretty cool to see so many of them. There may have been other fish, but those are all I saw; there were people swimming around with masks on, so maybe they saw something more.

We came home and got some sun and then had lunch. After lunch I did 3 loads of laundry and packed. Tomorrow we leave for Hawi. Don will take me up there (about a 3 hour drive) and he'll spend the night. Then the next day he'll come back here and stay until Harry comes home. (6 more days) I'll Take Bob and Mimi to the airport on Thursday and stay in Hawi until Harry comes home and I'll meet him at the airport with Don and bring Don back to Hawi with me. Confusing? Yeah, me, too. I'm ready, though. I'm taking the laptop with me, so I'll be posting the blog. Don can use Harry's computer, here.

Whew. It's been a wonderful 3 and a half weeks! Tomorrow will be a full day, too. We've got a couple of stops to make on the way and then we want to whale watch all the way up the Kohala coast to Hawi. We're excited to see whales!

We thank God for this opportunity and for the health to be able to do this. What a blessing for us.

4 comments:

  1. Wow..you have a rough life. This pool looks great. I really don't remember you telling us about it last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the only picture I got of this pool and it so did NOT do it justice, so I never used it. There were lots of pictures and other things to talk about, then, so this never made it to the blog. I wish I had a better picture of it. There's no way to show how good it FELT. Man, it was nice! (When we were there in July, we didn't get in, so it didn't make a priority place on the blog. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jo, the tide pool looks so wonderful!! And it is warm! I bet that does feel really good. And without all those waves tiring one out! Don't you wish you could bring the west coast up to the north coase with you!! I would. Have a really good time, love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I just noticed that I hadn't responded to this comment, but I DID see it. Yes, I wish that tide pool was up here. We'll go to see it tomorrow, though. Thanks for reminding me; I had forgotten to put that on our list for tomorrow. I've got it, now!

    Love and miss you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete