Sunday, January 17, 2010

Poinsettias on the Big Island.


The picture tonight is one I took on my way to pick up Don last week. I love these poinsettias growing by this white fence. At home we have a potted poinsettia around Christmas, but here they grow in the yard! I love these in Waimea. That's Knob Hill in the background on the right; Don and I climbed it last summer when we were house-sitting for Karen, who lives at the base of it.

Today we enjoyed church at the stables in Waimea, and we came home right after church so we could go watch whales after the football game. The whales were frolicking, today. They put on an awesome show for us. There were more than we could keep up with and count. They were breaching off in the distance, even. Actually, it was all pretty much off in the distance, but it was easy enough to see because the water wasn't rough. We loved it; this is what we wanted to see. We'd love to see it closer and sometimes we will, but this was very exciting!

I thank God every day for the opportunity to do this and the health to do it! We are so blessed to have this time together in such a wonderful place.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow...I love the poinsettia shot...this is one of those things that we never get to see here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we see lots of beautiful places like this. It's so amazing to me. Poinsettias were favorites of my Mom; she would love this shot.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete