Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


Check out these shades of blue in the water. This was a couple of days ago when we walked down to the coast. Don asked me if I was wearing the Princess Leah (from Star Wars) hairstyle; I just had to get it off my neck and face and my head gets tired of the combs and pins and bands, so this was a 'rest my head' day. I skipped the boobs, too; pardon me, but this is how it really is.

So this begins 2010! Don has enjoyed football all day and I've gotten caught up on my books for taxes. I can begin to put all the information into the program, now, so I'm breathing easy. I got some sun today and read the AAA book of things to do in Maui. I've read the guide book that I bought here, so I'm ready for Maui and ready to get taxes under my belt. We've had good opportunities to get sun while we're here, so that's good. I don't think I'll burn when we're watching for whales. Also, Vitamin D is so important to bone strength and I need that. I take lots of Vitamin D, but it's better to get the real thing.

I'm braced for the new year. I thank God that I feel so good. This time 2 years ago I was bald as an onion, but done with chemo and celebrating in Branson with two kids and 8 grandkids. That's a sweet memory, but it's so nice to have chemo, surgery and radiation in the past! Considering all that, I'm doing great and I give thanks every day for my recovery. Thanks for keeping up with us.

4 comments:

  1. I love it when you "skip the boobs" and then actually tell us about it. Way to go Maryjo. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a poker face at all!

    It is so funny! I forget if I have them on or not. It feels the same, either way, so I forget. Sometimes I'm out and realize I have no boobs and feel sort of shocked. What's really funny is that people stare at my knee bands and I've never noticed anyone staring at my chest; boobs or no boobs. The knee bands sure help my knees, but I guess they're a good distraction, too. lol

    It was too funny when I went through security at the airport on the way here. The beeper sounded and they said, it's probably the pins in your hair; you can either take your hair down or let us wand you. No way I was taking my hair down, so I opted for the wanding. They tell you to advise them if you have any prosthesis, which I did the last time we flew and they all looked at me like I was bragging or something. So, I hadn't mentioned it this time, but when they said they were going to wand me, I said, I have prosthetic breasts, but I can take them off if you need for me to do that. She said that wasn't necessary, but the wand did beep when it went by my 'boobs.' She didn't flinch and let me through. I wonder what difference it makes to them if they are real or not? I thought it would be too funny to flop them out on the belt, but they were busy and not up to entertainment, I guess. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, well you could very well be hiding coke or pure heroin in them babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised they didn't make me take them off, then! That would have been too funny. I guess most people wouldn't react too well to it, though, so they probably resist such a trauma. I can see lawsuits flying! (No pun intended.)

    ReplyDelete