Sunday, January 3, 2010

Football, football football . . .


The picture today is of Don watching football. There is so much light coming in from the windows toward the ocean, that I get too much light and can't get a really good picture. It's such a beautiful place here, though. Don watches TV and I work in the kitchen and we look out to our left to 4 huge sets of sliding glass doors and the main front (glass) door. I can only get 3 in the picture, but that whole half of the house is glass and even though we have the comfort of the house it feels like we are out on the beach. We eat at the glass table that is behind the lamp you see to Don's left. It's like eating outside; lovely!

While he's watching TV, I'm getting as ready as possible to go to Hawi on Tuesday. He'll take me and spend the night and then he'll come back to hold this fort, until Harry comes home on the 12th. Then I'll meet Don at the airport in Hilo when Harry gets home and Don will go back to Hawi with me. So, it's a little tricky dividing up everything, but it's only for a few days, so it's a doable thing. Hawi is about a 3 hour drive from here, on the WHALE side of the island! Woohoo!

I've got some shopping to do on our way to Hawi and I'm making lists. Planning is a real challenge for me, but listing helps if I can just keep up with the lists! Tomorrow will be my last minute laundry day. I thank God that I'm able to do this. Two years ago I was pretty feeble after 6 months of chemo and facing surgery and radiation; I feel great (just think all in a mix) and thank God for my recovery every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment