Monday, January 11, 2010

Harry's ceiling.


The picture tonight is one I took of the ceiling inside Harry's living room, kitchen and dining area. The ceiling in the bedrooms looks like that, too, but this is the only one that has that huge sky light. It was so awesome (and loud) when it rained on that ceiling and that sky light! Tomorrow is Don's last day at Harry's. He'll be packing up tomorrow to be all ready to leave Tuesday morning to go meet Harry (and me!) at the airport around 2. I'll be getting up really early Tuesday morning, because I have 2+ hours to drive and I'll have to allow for snags of any sort along the way. I don't want to be late! I thought this ceiling was beautiful and wanted to share it with you before Don leaves Harry's house.

I haven't done anything photo worthy in the last couple of days. Yesterday I discovered that the cows in the pasture behind us are the same ones that were here last summer, but one of them has a new calf! I got pictures of the cows, but that's probably not so exciting. I like Harry's ceiling better.

I went to church twice today. It's great to be back up here where the church that we know and love is close enough so that we can participate. It was sure good to see the folks we know and love. Today was my day to feed the cows here, too. I made it to 61 and never fed a cow until today and it worked just fine. I watered all the outside plants because we haven't had rain, so that was a pretty big job. I've been watering the garden and 3 little trees that Mimi has recently planted, but today everything got the water. I enjoyed it. Of course I did the daily picking up of leaves and fruit, too. (Grapefruit, oranges, tangerines and limes.) It's a wonderful place to work in the yard! It's wonderful to be able to work in the yard, too. I notice that I feel much better this trip than I did even last summer when we were here. God is so good to me! Tuesday I go to get Don and then all will be wonderful!

4 comments:

  1. Love that ceiling. I know you will be so glad to be reunited with Don...its just not the same when you are doing things by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,

    I'm really ticked at Bluegreen--we in FL and our condo doesn't have WiFi--I'm outside Panera break doing some Internet stuff. You would think with all those maintenance fees we could have free WiFi--$9.95 for 24 hours--that is terrible and I'm telling them tomorrow when I have owners update. Glad to see you are well. We really should have come to Hawaii--it is only 44 here!!!

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, you are so right! I'm almost giddy in the anticipation of being together, again. I've felt like I was in college that one quarter that my roommate took a quarter off and left me 'batching.' Life is way more fun when you share it!

    Thanks for sharing with me the best we can online!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, I am SO WITH you in that 'ticked at Bluegreen' over that WIFI thing. They do everything else so nicely and then they throw that big, heavy, wet blanket over it all with that WIFI charge. It really makes me angry with them. I hope enough people complain and refuse to use it so that they drop it. It's nothing but a scam to get another $10 a day out of us. They sell it like it's such a money saving deal and then they hit us for $10 a day just for WIFI. Even the Super 8 gives you WIFI FREE! They should be embarrassed to be whipped by the Super 8!

    I wish you had come here, too. It's raining here for the first time in the week I've been here. That's good, though; I won't have to water. We can always drive a few miles to the beach to watch for whales and get out of this rain. 44 degrees would be a bummer; it would be colder at home, but you still have to dress warm. Ugh. I know you'll find a way to have fun, in spite of the weather. If nothing else have fun chewing on them at the owner update! Travel safely and enjoy your together and away time.

    Love ya,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete