Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The eucalyptus tree.

The picture tonight is one Don took last Friday when we went to the Botanical Gardens and the Zip Isle. They are at the same place, so while we waited for our zip we wandered around the gardgens and enjoyed the flowers. This tree is one of my favorites; it's called the Eucalyptus tree. Don't you love those colors on the bark? As the bark peels off each layer is a different color. The bark looks painted!

I had to wear my hair 'down' so the helmet would go over my ponytail. I have it in a ponytail to the side because I hate it down the middle of my back; makes me feel like I have a stiff neck. The longer I have hair, the more I think I'll end up cutting it one of these days. I'm too picky about it and it's a lot of trouble. Short hair was so easy. (2 years ago that little old lady was bald, so she's not complaining!) Now, I've got on all those clothes because they require on the zip line that you wear sleeves and long pants (although the other girl that went with us had on shorts). Besides there are always lots of mosquitoes there because it's so humid and the mosquitoes love the humidity and me! So, I've got those clothes on over my tank top, which I had worn for the rest of the day. I had on capris, but got them soaked when we stopped to get sea 'gems' for Rob.

Today was a wonderful day! First thing this morning we got a message from Davy that he and Susan are coming a day early (tomorrow) because they are predicting ice and snow on Thursday in Oklahoma City. They didn't want to risk a delay, so they're coming early! How cool is that? We love it. I'm so glad they have the flexibility to make the changes! Then we went to watch whales and they were performing in closer than usual and they were very active. I took a bunch of videos, but none of them are that good. I'm going to have to learn how to do this better. It makes me sick to watch the videos; I give it way too much motion! I'm going to keep working on it, though.

Then I finally got in touch with my best friend since forever, Judy. I'd been out of touch with her for the last several months and I was beginning to panic. I was writing to her, but not getting answers. It turns out she was replying, but I wasn't getting the replies. When she types in my address I get the mail. We don't know why that is, but we're just glad to be back in touch. Dana, our mutual friend wrote and told her I was in a state of panic. Judy wrote and then called me. It topped off a perfect day. God is so good to me. Just when I think it can't get any better, it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment