Saturday, January 23, 2010

ZIP!


Here I go! ZIP! It's such a fun thing to go flying through the air and look at all the beauty below us. There are ways to guide, but I get confused and never get it right. There are also ways to go faster or slower and I'm not so good at that, either. I like best to just glide through the air. The last zip was where they have two cables and two people race, just for the fun of it. I didn't care if Don or I won; in my opinion we were all winners because we were zipping! But they gave me a head start because I weigh so much less than Don and he would naturally go faster. It was too funny; he went soaring past me and was most certainly the winner. It was a really fun experience. (Jane, this will explain better what zipping is. They just throw that swinging bridge that was on last night's blog in for another fun thing and a way to get across the creek to zip back across. Notice we were cabled to the swinging bridge, too, so it wasn't dangerous, either.)

Today we did chores around here and got a lot accomplished. We also went to the Hawi Farmer's market at the Banyan tree and Don got some homemade fried apple pies and I got some delicious Maui Onion Quiche. YUM! I ate my quiche right then as we went to watch whales. Then on our way back, we stopped to see if she had any left and I bought 3 more pieces for breakfast for the next 3 days. YUM! It is so good. It was sold at a fundraiser for Haiti booth, so I was happy to buy lots of it and I pray as I eat it giving thanks for our food and asking God to provide for the folks in Haiti who are in so much trouble.

The whales were way out today, so they were difficult to see. We stayed nearly an hour, but decided it wasn't worth staying. How fun to see so many whales that we can just walk away when they aren't close enough to suit us.

A local church was having a thrift store sale, so we stopped there on the way home. We're getting concerned that we don't have enough warm clothes for the mountains we'll visit in Maui. So, we picked up a couple of sweat shirts and jackets; yesterday we stopped at a thrift store between here and the Zip Isle and got gloves. They must think we're idiots in Hawaii and buying gloves and jackets! (Well, that, and I wear these knee bands that make everyone looks at me funny and tilts their heads. LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment