Monday, January 18, 2010

Great whale watching day.

The pictures just don't do whale watching justice! This was a great day of whale watching. I managed to get this one of a blow and a whale surfacing along the top of the water, but this was nothing. We saw LOTS of this and a bunch of breaching, too. There is no warning for a breach; they just jump up out of the water and then there is a huge splash when they fall back into the water. It's so cool to watch! There's just no way for me to get a shot of one breaching, though. I do good to see it. Often all we see is the huge splash. Sometimes they'll breach repeatedly, but we haven't seen that, yet, this year. Maybe I'll get a picture if that ever happens when I have my camera handy. I don't want to give up whale watching to sit there with a camera, though. I have to keep scanning the whole area to see all I can and the camera is a real slug. I'm grateful to be able to get anything on the camera, though. It was absolutely breathtaking to be out there watching them. It was like they were putting on their holiday show.

I watered the garden and all the flowers really good on Saturday. So, it rained all day yesterday and today. Go figure. It doesn't matter if it rains here; we can go 7 miles down the road to the whale watching spot and it's not raining there. That always amazes us. At home if it's raining (which is rare), and we go 7 miles down the road the wind is blowing the rain to there, it seems. Anyway, it's interesting to be in this different climate. Even when it's raining, it's warm; it's a little brisk at night, so a jacket is nice and thermal pjs are great. The moisture in the air is what makes it so beautiful and green here, so we give thanks for it. It's also good for it to rain because it does the watering for me.

My back and knees are doing great. I feel really good. I thank God for what feels like great health for both Don and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment