Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Don's 'home!'



The pictures tonight are of the one cow in the pasture behind us that I recognize from last summer. I call her lacy Face; I've never seen a cow with that kind of marking. Then the second picture (please pardon me, you people on dial up, but these two had to be on the same post) is the little calf. I love that little face.

I left early this morning and it rained on me all the way, but I had no problems. I didn't stop to get sea gems because it was pouring down rain. We mis-communicated where we were meeting: I was waiting on a phone call from him to tell me where to meet him, so I sat in the Wal-Mart parking lot for an hour. He was waiting in the parking lot at the airport for an hour. Finally, I thought, somebody had better go get Harry, so I went to the airport and there he was. Duh. His phone was dead. Besides, he thought we were meeting there. It was okay; we hadn't seen each other for nearly a week, so neither of us could do anything wrong. Ha! We had time to go grab a quick lunch before Harry arrived and then we headed back up here to Bob and Mimi's. We had a good trip and got home before dark, so that was good. We like not driving after dark.

It's so good to have Don 'home!' It was nice to sit down and have a meal with someone sharing it with me! I thank God that we don't have to spend much time separated and that we traveled safely today.

2 comments:

  1. Love the cattle pics. Now are these Bob's cattle? You say the pasture behind, so I'm thinking they belong to someone else. You picked a perfect name for mother cow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, these are not Bob's. These belong to someone else. There are about 20 acres (maybe more) behind Bob and someone keeps cows back there. They have maybe a dozen or 15? They won't be still, so I can't count them. Anyway, they just roam around back there and sometimes come by the house. I don't think that Lacey Face is the mother to this calf, but I guess she could be. There is another mother cow (fuller udder) that hangs pretty close to the calf. Anyway, I'm glad you like the name I chose and the pictures. It's so funny, when they go by you can hear them ripping up the grass and they do that in the middle of the night! We never realized until we came here that cows graze in the night, or that you could hear them ripping up the grass!

    Hugs,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete