Thursday, January 7, 2010

I am breathless!


You may get tired of seeing these tiny little spots and wonder at my sanity, but I am just all full of gratitude tonight for getting to see this today. I dropped Bob and Mimi off at the airport and then shopped around Kona today. On my way home I was determined to stop and look from the scenic point on the highway at Kiholo Bay. Kiholo Bay is the most beautiful place on the Big Island, in my opinion. It's a tough hike out there, but it's worth it. I've posted lots of scenes from when we hiked it before with the luxurious houses, etc. The blue of the water is just awesome, and I was standing on the wall embracing the beauty when I thought I should sure take a picture of this! There were great waves splashing above the cliffs to the right and I was standing there waiting to see if I could get a picture of the splashes when two whales popped up out there. Woo hoo! Forget the splashes (which I did). I took about 40 pictures of these whales and they barely show in the pictures. It was so exciting to watch them, though. And the colors were so awesome. Look in the middle of the picture. Look in the deep blue water, about the middle between the turquoise water and the horizon; that white spot is a whale's spout or him splashing, one. I'll have to wait until I can post it and click on it to blow it up big enough to see which it was. All I know is there were a couple of whales out there; sometimes I got two spots, but I wanted to put this one on because it had the best shot of the bay, too. I was so thrilled to get to see whales AND Kiholo Bay.

If you have a FaceBook account, and want to see a great video of Bob's daughter in some great waves, let me know and I'll send a copy to you on your FaceBook account. I don't know any other way to share it.

I got a gob of groceries today and put the stuff in the fridge, but I've got to go find a place for the rest. I thank God that we have plenty of food and a wonderful place to spend the winter. Wow. We are all so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment