Saturday, January 2, 2010

Picking up fronds.


The picture tonight is one Don took last week when we walked to the coast. That's a favorite walk.

However, we didn't walk today because Don's watching football. I went out and picked up fronds that have fallen from the trees. The weeds keep calling me, but Harry said not to worry about them as he sprays them. I don't want to throw my back out, again, so I'm overlooking them. The fronds are too big to overlook and I don't want them cluttering the yard when he comes home. They're kind of fun to pick up, anyway. I remind myself of a baby who drops a rattle just to see it fall; they like seeing that they have caused something to happen. I pick up a frond and it immediately looks better, so I've caused something good to happen with relatively little effort. Harry has two lots here which makes about an acre, but most of it is only lava, so there's not too much to do to keep it looking nice. It's a lot for one person, so I respect him for keeping it so well.

I am so grateful that my back is all better. I talked to Ruthie and she is doing lots better, too. She is still having a lot of pain, but if she's still she doesn't hurt, so that's a blessing. God has plans for us and He takes care of us; I thank Him for His care and for His beautiful creation and our opportunity to see it and be a part in it!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you realize that you look about 30 years old in this picture, well maybe 40 at the very, very most. I'm 100% serious and other people can back me up on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, aren't you the spoiler! A good thing about growing old is that most of the people you know can't see well, not to mention that they don't think so well, either. It's kind of comfortable and I love it that you are my friend!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo,

    Dana is right--you look young--Brenna says so too. She couldn't believe you are as old as you say you are! Good genes!

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness. Brenna is young, so there's real credibility there! God love her and she's my new best friend!

    Thanks, Donna!

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete