Saturday, January 23, 2010

Zip Isle


This picture is of Don and I walking across the swinging bridge at the Zip Isle. The swinging bridge is scarier than the zipping. I'm not crazy about swinging bridges at all. The zipping was wonderful, though. We had only 3 of us in our group, so they let us do two of the zips a second time! That was way fun! We absolutely loved it. This zipping was very similar to the zip line we did back in August, but it's over different terrain. This one didn't take nearly as long to get to, but we didn't have that neat ride. These guys told us great things about the trees and flowers around us, that we didn't get before. This is in the World Botanical Gardens, so it makes sense that they would tell us great stuff like that. The really cool thing was that the other lady who was zipping with us showed me how to take videos with my camera! Duh! So maybe I'll be able to get a whale, yet! I was just practicing today and didn't get anything so great; it was between our last two zips that she showed me how to do it, so I didn't get any of us zipping. That's okay. It was a great day.

We did get to go get some more sea 'gems' for Robert, too. I keep gathering them and maybe I'll have a decent collection by the time we get home. Thankfully, he already has some from our last couple of trips.

The bad thing about today was that when we got to the Paniolo Country Inn Braddah Smitty wasn't there! He had some kind of accident and hurt his shoulder, so he had to cancel for tonight. They don't know when he'll be able to be back! I sure hope he's able to get back before we leave; I'd really love to see him (and his group) perform again.

It's been a very full day. I'm ready for a shower and a good night's sleep. God is so good to have made us to revive with rest, not to mention all the other wonders he gives to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment