Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fun times in Branson.


The picture tonight is Sadie; she was sitting on our bed watching TV, as the little kids had taken over her room. We're having a wonderful time! Today Trish took all the kids shopping, except for Raynie. We kept her with us and she and I fed the ducks; then we read her books and she painted while I got lunch ready for the others.

I played Rook today with Nate, Gabe and Ryan. Then Trish, Grace, Mason and I worked a jigsaw puzzle. We cooked baked salmon, baked potatoes, broccoli and salad for supper. The kids are good eaters and great players, no matter what we play. Rob took the little kids swimming and the big boys are gone swimming now and to work out. It's so much fun to be here with this gang! The weather is pretty cold and misty, but we're having fun, anyway.

Ryan is a kid who Nate knew at school and his family was having tough times so he came to live with Trish and Rob and the kids. He's a great addition to our family, so we're blessed to get to have this time to get to know him. This is his first time to be out of the state of Oklahoma, so it's a big deal for him. He makes me feel great. This morning he said, "I went to bed; I slept; I woke up and here were biscuits and gravy; what more could I ask?" What a blessing to have an extra guy around who appreciates everything! Besides that he's tall and can reach stuff for me! He's 16 and it going to the same school as Gabe, now. We thank God for him and all the rest of our family and this time to share.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how pretty Sadie is! She looks like she has grown so much since we saw her in Pigeon Forge. Raynie is so cute too. She has really grown. Glad you are having a fun week. Jonas went home today and I miss him already. He is such a good baby (2 years old but so, so smart). He talks like a little grown up. Spoken like a true grandmother.

    Love ya, Donna

    p.s. Give everyone a kiss for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Donna. I passed on your love to everyone. I know how you miss Jonas, already. I was worn out from the week, but I miss all the kids, already. We had a wonderful time, but the week flew! We are so blessed to have time with these great kids, aren't we! Grandmothering is one of my favorite things to get to do!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete