Monday, March 29, 2010

Yardwork!


Tonight's picture is one I took of Gabe at the waterfall at Westgate Woods in Branson. It was our hiking day and the weather was great and this waterfall was such a great place for a picture. Gabe is 16 and he's just the coolest kid. He amazes me over and over. Don't let the jacket fool you; it looks like a wreck, but it's a piece of his art. He's very artistic; really all of Tricia's kids have a flare for art, a gene that came through strong from their dad.

Today was gorgeous here! We never got to walk because we worked all afternoon in the yard. We figured we got enough exercise out there and we got a lot done. There were those windmill weeds all over the place and lots of leaves from the fall still hanging around, trapped in places, too. I think we have about a dozen big bags out there for the bag men to take as soon as they come for them. It feels good to have accomplished all that, but my whole body is griping about it. I so give thanks for being able to do it, though! I pulled gobs of weeds out of my flower bed out back, too. There are still a lot more weeds to pull, so there is plenty more work for me to do out there.

I can't get over that I can do this stuff! The last two years I had to pay someone to do most of the yard work. Maybe I can do it all myself, now! Woo hoo! Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment