Monday, March 8, 2010

Red Sand Beach


The picture tonight is one I took of a RED sand beach in Hana, Maui. That was the day that we drove over 52 miles of VERY curvy roads and I had taken a couple of pills to keep from getting motion sick. I didn't get motion sick, but I fell over asleep and missed most of the trip. If there had been any reason to wake up, Don would have waked me. He woke me for this. If I hadn't been so groggy I would have hiked down to the red sand, but I didn't trust me to stagger around climbing down and back up to the car. On the drive to Hana there are MANY great waterfalls, normally. However, there were no waterfalls or even creeks because they have had a drought and it was all completely dry. I was awake for a few things and there were only dry rocks where there are normally creeks and great waterfalls. At least we got to see the red sand.

Today we know we are back home. Oklahoma had it's first tornado today. We've had some thunder storms and I thought I should get on here and get the blog done before I have to shut everything down and unplug! At least it's not cold! This is spring in Oklahoma! I thank God for home; we are blessed. I also thank Him for a nice big basement to shelter us from tornadoes!

I put my corporate taxes into the envelopes and they'll go out in the mail tomorrow. Whew! We have our personal taxes ready to go; we're just waiting on one form, and when it comes they can go. It feels good to be done with those details. It's good to get that stress off my mind and I thank God for that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment