Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Homesick!

Well, that tells you how exhausted we are. I got sick coming home today. I first thought it was motion sickness, but I didn't get sick on the plane. I lost it in the airport in Atlanta. Also, I felt like I'd been run over by a truck. We had a delay in Atlanta because it was snowing there, but we got home in time to see everyone except Gabe. I didn't want to stay too long with them in case I would pass on this bug. Nate suggested I was homesick! Could be; it was sure good to get home.

They say it takes a village to raise a child and I know it takes a village to run this house while we're gone for 3 months. Special thanks To Joan, who directed the village people! We could never just pack up and leave.

I hope what I have is a bug that will be gone soon! I trust God to take care of me. He's gotten us this far! Don's ankle did just fine on the trip.

There is no picture tonight because I'm on the desktop instead of the laptop and I don't remember how to get pictures off this machine. Duh. I'm too rattled to think. I haven't barfed since about 4 today, so I'm mending, but I still have a fever. I think I'll be good by tomorrow!

Thanks for keeping up with us. Man, home is sweet!

6 comments:

  1. I forgot to explain why you'll know how tired we are. I first typed in the title and then posted with nothing more. Hang tough with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it home. Sounds like the flu. Hope and pray you are feeling better soon.

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. 24 Hour Viris is my diagnosis! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get to feeling better! Glad you guys made it home safe and sound. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna and Linda, thanks so much for your motherly doctoring. When I got up and saw those comments I understood how Gretta feels when she gets sick and wishes I were there to make potato soup for her; it's just knowing that someone really cares! An acquaintance called today and said "How are you?" I told her I'm glad to be home, but I'm really sick with some bug and she said, "Well, I've got bronchitis!" and went on to elaborate about that while I was barely able to hold the phone. There are levels of caring and I appreciate your 'potato soup' level. Linda, I'm feeling much better after my last nap, so I'm hoping you're right. I think after I get to eating and moving, I'll feel my normal self. Whew! It's been hairy, but it feels so much better! Thanks so much for your love!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, thanks so much. Man, it's good to be home and be with all my 'stuff.' I love traveling and getting away from the rut, but the rut is sure nice every time we return! April is coming right up, so we're looking forward to coming down to see you all! We can hardly wait to see those boys. I have a little album of pictures of them sitting above my sink and it's one of the happy things I'm glad to see until I can see them!

    Love,

    Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete