Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sadie . . . oops a day late! (13)


Sadie turned 13 yesterday and I didn't even realize what day it was until today when Don said, "Yesterday was Sadie's birthday." We celebrate her birthday and Nate's and Rob's when we go for spring break, so we had already celebrated, but I would have mentioned it and called her if I'd realized it was the 26th, yesterday. Part of being retired is never knowing what day it is; it's also part of chemo brain! This picture is one I took when Trish and Sadie and I hiked farther than anyone the day we hiked in Branson! I know people are always holding their phone up and taking pictures of themselves, so I held up the camera and got this shot. (I took another one and didn't get me in the picture, so practice helps!)

Today and yesterday have been so windy here. It's always windy in Oklahoma, but it's been brutally windy. The windows rattle; the furniture on the deck rattles. It sounds like the house will not stand in this wind, but it does and we thank God for that! We think it's cold, but it's not. I am so impressed with my little daffodils; they withstood the snow and now they are standing up to this wind. The ones I brought in are giving up the ghost, so if the wind will slow down a bit I'll go get some fresh ones to enjoy.

We had a ladies brunch at church today and I learned how to make quiche for it. I practiced yesterday and made another one for today. I've always loved quiche, but I never knew how to make it. Trish encouraged me, so I got a recipe online and it was easy! I'll enjoy having it in my recipe file, now. I don't usually use recipes, but this is a goodie. Tomorrow we're having a fish fry and I made chocolate chip pies to take to that. I think that's what reminded Don that yesterday was Sadie's birthday because we had chocolate chip pies for the birthday celebrations in Branson. It's a family favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment