Friday, March 5, 2010

Taxes, taxes . . .


This is a picture I took looking down over the town of Lahaina on the day of the tsunami warning. We were at the high school, about 400 feet above the ocean. Across the ocean is the island of Lanai. I took this picture, thinking it would be a before picture, but nothing ever happened, so there was no after picture. Praise God!

Today Don saw the chiropractor again, and his ankle is doing better and better. He's walking really well and just feels a little pain from time to time. The swelling is mostly gone. We thank God for creating us in a way that we can rebuild and heal!

I've worked on taxes today. It wasn't the big hairy thing that it sometimes is. I turned all my corporation information in when we were in Hawaii and today I was reviewing the return. I had to make some corrections, so we're not done, but it's not so stressful as usual. It's a hassle that I sure wish we didn't have every year! We've got to turn in our personal taxes, yet, but I don't get so stressed over that. I won't get on my tax soap box; I'll go get busy. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Mary Jo,

    I’ll get on the Soap Box for you on personal, property rental, and farm, similar to a corporation But with more and more paperwork each year, taxes for you. I don’t even do them anymore that little task is now done by Jane. I just do the wailing each year!

    Gene (64)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, Gene! Thanks for getting onto the Soap Box for me! I just faxed in our personal tax information. It's missing a form we still don't have, but I'll fax it to them when it comes. The corporate return went in, DONE, earlier this week. It feels good to have it out of my hands. What a pain to have to do every year!

    Thanks for empathizing with me!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete