Saturday, March 6, 2010

Huge beach in Kaanapali


This picture is the beach out by our last condo from when we walked to the end south of us. This is from close to the end, looking back toward our condo. If you see the white buildings that are nearly at the end, ours were the 2nd ones back from there. The first ones back have a green roof, but the ones where we stayed have a gray roof and are a light green. Anyway, you can see that we looked out from our location and saw beach going on nearly forever and it was a great beach! They had a walkway all this way, so we didn't have to walk on the sand. The walkway is back to the right of the trees that you see in the picture. I'll post a sunset picture tomorrow that shows the walkway.

I worked most of the day on catching up on mail. I did have a delight, though: the doorbell rang and our neighbor, Jaxon, was there needing to borrow our plunger. I had created a new spot for it in the closet where the new furnace is, and I didn't remember that, so I had to go on a search for a while. Jaxon is 6 1/2, and he is such a HOOT! He came right back and walked by a wooden figurine of a humpback whale and recognized it. He asked if I'd ever seen a real one (He didn't realize the door he was opening with that question!) and I told him we saw lots of them in Hawaii, so he stayed to look at my pictures. He was so much fun! He loved the pictures and I loved sharing them. He was so anxious to see all the pictures and he was so impressed with our hikes. He kept saying, "I should have gone with y'all! When I was looking for the plunger, Don suggested it might be in the basement since we thought we'd looked everywhere up here. Jaxon's eyes got big and he said, "Do you have a BASEMENT?" I told him we did and I'd take him down there if he wanted to go. We went down and he took one quick look and turned around and came back upstairs. When we got up here, he said, "I thought it would be all webby!" We have a game table, a pool table, about 4 sewing machines, and inversion table and a stereo down there and he was way disappointed in all that civilization. He is such a treat; he was my grandkid fix for today! I thank God for kids; they sure brighten our lives. If you don't have grandkids, borrow a neighbor!

6 comments:

  1. Meanwhile the poor kids toilet was overflowing all over the house?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to read my boring stuff carefully, for the details that matter, Dana! I said he came RIGHT BACK; that was after he used the plunger, and THEN I took him on a picture tour of Hawaii. I've got to get a picture of Jaxon for the blog some day. He has awesome blue eyes that capture me!

    I stopped for a hug when I saw him at church this morning and he was still going on about our hiking on the volcano! You'd think I paid him or something; he likes to make my day!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dana--I thought the commode was overflowing! Your posts are so much fun to read--keep up the good work.

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, Dana will be glad to see that and probably lots more people, too. Jaxon amazed me in so many ways; but starting with that he ran home and fixed the commode so quickly! He's a really cool kid.

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I over looked him coming "right back" too!
    Plus I was relieved to read you gave him a hug at church today because I was wondering if you REALLY knew this guy you were giving a tour of the basement etc.!! (I'm so paranoid...it's the crazy times we live in plus Nannie Kate!!)

    Love U!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruthie, did you see that Jaxon is only 6 1/2? That's YEARS, not feet. He's a wonderful little kid and I thought he'd be thrilled with the basement. It was so funny; I guess he was expecting a haunted house type thing, but he was totally turned off with it. However, he had to go to the bathroom and he was awed by the soap I have on the back of the stool! He brought the basket to me and said, "These are so pretty; where did you get them?" I guess I need to put some soaps in the basement? He made my afternoon, and I enjoy reliving it in my memories. I must get him to come over for a picture some day soon.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete