Thursday, August 12, 2010

Almost done.


Tonight's picture is one I took of the rest of the group, playing cards last Friday night at Jo Ann and Frank's house. That's Don's legs in the picture; then Jo Ann, Frank, Dorothy, and David turned around peeping at me. Those guys cut us no slack and beat us every game! I guess they played so hard it made David sick; he's down with congestion and taking antibiotics, bless his heart. He goes through this about every 6 weeks; it's kind of a cycle for him. Hopefully he'll be feeling better in a day or two.

I got the car just about finished today. It's starting to feel like we can 'live' in it. You know, we spend lots of time in it. The front seats couldn't be exchanged with our van because all the electrical stuff under them didn't match; being computerized it just wouldn't work. So, we had to keep the newer front seats. They didn't have pockets on the back, nor arm rests, so I had adaptations to make. So, I've come up with two pockets to hang on the seats so we can have our 'stuff' with us. I've also made a console that has two drawers to keep more 'stuff' and a cushion on top for us both to use as an arm rest. Man, it's hot in that garage! I just did bits and pieces here and there all day, but I'm nearly done. I haven't even counted all the sun glasses we have. I'm a nut for sun glasses. I don't wear them so much anymore because they hinder my vision since I have these cataracts. I used to get migraines and the sun was a real issue, but I have only had a couple of migraines since I had cancer, so I'm not so hooked on sunglasses like I used to be. I sure thank God for taking the headaches; I can't imagine how they could have been connected to the cancer. Maybe they were connected to stress and my effort to de-stress is working for the migraines, too??? I really don't think I do that well at it, but something is sure working!

OH! The Direct TV guy came and finally got the receiver in the basement, so we have TV down there, now. I can go down into my 'den' and sew and even watch TV. Cool! I even know how to turn the TVs on, now. I used to have to get Don to do it for me when we had Dish. There are a few shows that I like, so if I can just learn where they are I'll be in good shape. The kids will like having TV in the basement when they're here, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment