Tuesday, August 10, 2010

There's a moral to this story!

Sadie took this picture when we were hiking in Gatlinburg, back in June. Not much new here today, so I'm posting a story with a moral. I learned the art of napping when I had chemo. I never have time to nap anymore, but napping is a sweet memory. The story is about a bear, so it reminded me of the bears we saw in Gatlinburg, but I never got any pictures of them. I'm glad we didn't see any when we were hiking! I'm thanking God for naps today and for Sadie to hike with me and get my picture!


A bear was walking across Rainbow Bridge (Old Hwy 40 at Donner Summit, Truckee, California) on Saturday when two cars, also crossing the bridge, scared the bear into jumping over the edge of the bridge. Somehow the bear caught the ledge and was able to pull itself to safety. Authorities decided that nothing could be done to help Saturday night so they returned Sunday morning to find the bear sound asleep on the ledge. After securing a net under the bridge the bear was tranquilized, fell into the net, lowered, then woke up and walked out of the net.

This old bear made
a wrong move and found he was hanging by his nails. Somehow he was able to pull himself up onto the ledge where he saw he was in a very bad, impossible situation.... and what did he do? Yep, he took a nap and, sure enough, the Lord took care of the situation while he was asleep.


There is a moral to this story, you know:
The moral of the story is that when confronted with a bad situation, sometimes the best solution is to take a nap and let the Lord take care of the rest.
=========================

I think I'm going to take a nap right now. The Lord is on the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment